Brilliant is looking to add a Business Development Representative to our growing team!
We were founded in 2015 as a remote-first company so you can be based anywhere in North America for this position.
We are a female-founded, bootstrapped and profitable company on a mission to provide the best corporate gifting experience in the world! From the curation and production of memorable branded merchandise to the distribution of custom products, our team works together to bring brands to life. Think: newsworthy press kits, welcome gifts for new hires, merch sets to promote a product launch, or simply giveaways that people love.
Business Development Representative
The Business Development team is a key part of Brilliant - you will be responsible for connecting with decision makers at some of the most interesting companies in the world; capturing their attention, qualifying them, demonstrating Brilliant’s value, and helping to convert them into clients. This role will act as a bridge between marketing and account management, handling all first contact with new prospects and ensuring they are excited and ready to work with our account management team.
You will have room to grow in your role, take on additional responsibilities, and focus on learning new skills as desired. Additional opportunities include the opportunity to work on partnerships, pitching Brilliant at in-person events, selling software integrations, building out internal systems and processes, analyzing and reporting on sales data, generating new content, and lastly: mentoring, training, and managing future business development hires.
- Lead Coordination: this includes email correspondence and calendar coordinating along with owning the first conversation and touchpoint with our prospects.
- Lead Qualification: demo and explain Brilliant’s technology stack, ask strong discovery questions, highlight pains for customers that they were not aware existed.
- Research highly relevant information for each prospect and company using LinkedIn.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain lead information in Salesforce. Additionally, evaluate ways to more efficiently utilize the Salesforce CRM internally.
- Work closely with account managers to hand-off qualified leads that are ready to partner with Brilliant.
- Qualify opportunities and schedule meetings from marketing activities - including events, webinars, trade shows, campaigns - for handoff to account managers.
- For all events: handle pre-show appointment setting and post-show follow-up calls, manage lead qualification and appointment activity, and successfully communicate Brilliant messaging and solution set.
- You’re a people-person! You enjoy meeting new faces, having conversations, asking questions, and helping others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you’re a confident and articulate communicator, both in person and in writing.
- You’re curious, interested in understanding what makes people tick and get excited about building new skills.
- Excited about building your career in a customer/sales-oriented role.
- Highly organized - you won’t let anything slip through the cracks (bonus: you enjoy identifying cracks and repairing them).
- Team player - you get excited about working and collaborating with colleagues across the company but also have an ability to work independently.
- Energetic and self-motivated.
- Tech-savvy - you will need to be able to explain our offering and technology in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Coachable - you bring skills to the table but are constantly seeking out opportunities to develop and grow in your role and career.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude.
- #remotelife - you love the freedom remote work brings, and you know that with great freedom comes great responsibility. You’re ready for both!
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in sales: business/sales development, inside sales, sales support, or outside sales.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Suite, Powerpoint, and Excel.